When researching to prepare yourself for your first telesales and marketing campaign, you will most likely encounter hundreds of naysayers that claim telemarketing is as prehistoric as the dinosaurs. (Naysayers are distinguished by their tendency to consistently view the glass half empty, make frequent one-way trips to negative town, and constantly emphasize the worst of a situation) Of course, this is so far from the truth. With so many transactions going on in the business to business sector, telemarketing is getting even more attention.
If you want to improve your lead generation and b2b appointment setting campaigns through business to business telemarketing, then you must do remember the following do’s and don’ts:
Do NOT –
– Open up with a sales pitch. B2b sales leads are seldom converted on the first attempt at cold calling.
– Mistake the word “no” for the words “I think I didn’t hear you clearly”. Repeating what you’ve said or explaining further after the potential business lead has already declined your offer will only irk them. If you keep pushing your products and services, you’ll end up losing more business opportunities.
– Talk over your business leads. It is one of the most disrespectful things you can do when telemarketing and will absolutely reflect negatively on your company.
– Immediately call back b2b sales leads who declined your offer. If they said no the first time, chances are they won’t likely change their minds in the next few hours.
– Ever call someone asking them for an appointment in the hopes of turning them into a client, when they already are! It simply shows how disorganized your customer management system is.
– Research your potential clients before you call them. The more research you do, the more likely you will get a qualified B2B sales lead from your telemarketing list.
– End your calls immediately and politely when a potential b2b sales lead says no to your offer of product, service, or b2b appointment. This way, you’ll have a better chance of getting their business at some other time.
– Allow adequate intervals between your calls. Particularly when prospective business leads decline on your first call, let a few days—even a few weeks—to pass before you contact them again. Letting a certain amount of time to pass before calling again will allow events to occur that can influence the decision maker’s opinion about your initial offer.
– Use additional marketing methods to augment your telemarketing campaigns. Most qualified b2b sales leads like to hear about the benefits of your services over the phone, but prefer to read the details on their emails.
New Business Development, Telesales, Telemarketing, Lead Generation, Appointment Setting, Seminar and Event Bookings, Pipeline Management, Data & Research.
- How Telemarketing Can Help Today’s Post Pandemic Businesses
- Ways To Make Telemarketing An Effective Sales Tool In 2021
- Pros Of Telemarketing – Why Telemarketing Still Works Today
- Why Online Marketing Is So Important?
- The Importance Of Telemarketing Within The Construction Services Sector
- 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Fund Expansions Without Getting New Loans
- Post COVID-19 Marketing For Small Businesses
- Ways To Start Word-Of-Mouth Marketing On Social Media To Increase The Effectiveness Of Your Telemarketing Campaign
- 4 Reasons Your Business Needs Telemarketing
- 4 Digital Marketing Trends For 2020
- Specialist Telemarketing Support for the Construction Industry
- Growing Your Online Businesses During The COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Update – Statement for Clients, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Transform Your Telemarketing Efforts
- 4 Essential Skills That Online Marketers Should Have
- Industry Leading SEO Trends For 2020
- Online Marketing Trends For 2020
- Supporting the demands of the construction industry
- 5 Ways To Improve Your PPC Strategies
- 5 Benefits Of Telemarketing For SME’s
- Why companies turn to Sales Drive Limited
- Get to Know Sales Drive in 60 Seconds
- Key Lessons for Building an Outstanding Telemarketing Team
- How Lead Generation Support Can Transform Your Construction Business
- A Few Ways To Make Telemarketing Work
- Inject creativity into your online platforms at Christmas
- Replace fake news with fact news
- Manners maketh man
- Putting YOU in front of more buyers
- Secure More Qualified Meetings With Key Decision Makers
- Telemarketing For Accountants
- Set Clear Objectives and Goals
- Effective Telemarketing Skills
- 99 Motivational Quotes
- 10 Reasons Why Sales Drive Can Help You
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Telemarketing
- Top tips to grow your business
- Sales Drive – More than just a telemarketing company
- The importance of telemarketing in lead generation
- 5 reasons to outsource lead generation
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Do you need more customers?
- Telesales and Telemarketing in Oxfordshire