Make less telemarketing calls and close many more sales.
Telemarketing is an incredibly effective and valuable tool for increasing business. Break down the process to improve your results. A little attention to the detail in a few areas can have a profound impact on results. Telemarketers will have more success in fewer calls. Success makes everyone involved very happy.
Three areas to evaluate:
- Call script
- Presentation style
- Do your closes match your objectives?
A good cold call script or guide script based on bullet points with focus, high-lighting direction and call objectives i.e. fact finding (information gathering), peaking questions, compelling message, will increase the amount of genuine sales conversions. Whether your objective is to set an appointment or have a substantial sales call a good calling/guide script can help. Most important is the benefit statements used and the engaging question at the end of the introduction.
Telemarketers have about 20 to 30 seconds for the prospect to decide if they will take a few minutes to engage in a discussion. If your benefit statement strikes a chord the call is on the way to a successful outcome. The prospect wants to know WIIFM (What’s In It For Me?) before proceeding. Take time to write out several statements and read them aloud. It’s easy to clutter up a concept. Keep statements simple.
When making a telemarketing call the initial presentation is key and very crucial. One of the biggest mistakes telemarketers make is talking too fast. Slow down! Speak clearly and articulate. When sales calls feel rushed a prospect is more likely to expel the call. No one wants to feel like they are one in a billion routine calls. When they feel they are call twenty thousand they don’t feel bad about shutting a cold call down quickly.
Talking too quickly often does not allow the prospect to register what was said. Speed matters. When a telemarketer speaks slowly, clearly and concisely they sound more authoritative. Use a deep voice and sit up straight. The combination of these few small techniques will improve performance. Telemarketers are more apt to engage a prospect in a serious discussion when the prospect understands what the call is about.
Once you’ve decided on your goal, and how to qualify your prospect design at least ten closing statements. Closing statements have different purposes. Closing statements help telemarketers gauge if a prospect is ready to buy. Effective statements sometimes require a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ response.
Great telemarketers let their questions move the process forward. When a prospect sees value and feels inspired to buy the telemarketer has done an excellent job. We all like to believe we’re logical consumers. The truth is we all buy more stuff than we need which is not logical. Good telemarketers sell on value and benefits, not price.
Business-to-business telemarketing is a thoughtful methodology that delivers tremendous results. Small modifications are important. Experiment, practice, and test call scripts prior to using them live. Record your delivery style. Would you want to talk with someone who sounds frantic and unprofessional? Present benefits, engage and listen to your prospect. Don’t force a sale; Create value and prime prospects so they want to buy!
New Business Development, Telesales, Telemarketing, Marketing, Lead Generation, Appointment Setting, Seminar & Event Bookings, Pipeline Management, Data & Research
- How Telemarketing Can Help Today’s Post Pandemic Businesses
- Ways To Make Telemarketing An Effective Sales Tool In 2021
- Pros Of Telemarketing – Why Telemarketing Still Works Today
- Why Online Marketing Is So Important?
- The Importance Of Telemarketing Within The Construction Services Sector
- 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Fund Expansions Without Getting New Loans
- Post COVID-19 Marketing For Small Businesses
- Ways To Start Word-Of-Mouth Marketing On Social Media To Increase The Effectiveness Of Your Telemarketing Campaign
- 4 Reasons Your Business Needs Telemarketing
- 4 Digital Marketing Trends For 2020
- Specialist Telemarketing Support for the Construction Industry
- Growing Your Online Businesses During The COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Update – Statement for Clients, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Transform Your Telemarketing Efforts
- 4 Essential Skills That Online Marketers Should Have
- Industry Leading SEO Trends For 2020
- Online Marketing Trends For 2020
- Supporting the demands of the construction industry
- 5 Ways To Improve Your PPC Strategies
- 5 Benefits Of Telemarketing For SME’s
- Why companies turn to Sales Drive Limited
- Get to Know Sales Drive in 60 Seconds
- Key Lessons for Building an Outstanding Telemarketing Team
- How Lead Generation Support Can Transform Your Construction Business
- A Few Ways To Make Telemarketing Work
- Inject creativity into your online platforms at Christmas
- Replace fake news with fact news
- Manners maketh man
- Putting YOU in front of more buyers
- Secure More Qualified Meetings With Key Decision Makers
- Telemarketing For Accountants
- Set Clear Objectives and Goals
- Effective Telemarketing Skills
- 99 Motivational Quotes
- 10 Reasons Why Sales Drive Can Help You
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Telemarketing
- Top tips to grow your business
- Sales Drive – More than just a telemarketing company
- The importance of telemarketing in lead generation
- 5 reasons to outsource lead generation
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Do you need more customers?
- Telesales and Telemarketing in Oxfordshire