Telemarketing, or phone sales, can be a cost-effective way to market your business. The overhead for telemarketing is lower than many other forms of promotion, such as print and broadcast media and direct mail sales. To be effective, however, you must employ a well-trained sales force that has above-average communication skills.
Telemarketers must attempt to create a positive, sight-unseen relationship with potential customers in seconds. This requires a friendly attitude, a personable nature and a willingness to listen as well as talk. Telemarketers who come across as pushy or overly forceful run the risk of scaring off potential customers before the sales pitch is even made. A kind approach, paired with a friendly and understanding attitude, can establish a sense of trust between the caller and the customer.
Strong communication skills are vital to the success of a telemarketer. Make sure the people you employ are easily understood and come across as personal and relaxed, rather than stilted and rehearsed. Telemarketers should be able to read spoken cues and draw a potential customer into a conversation. Salespeople should also be patient, willing to explain details and to respond in a positive manner to customer queries.
Regardless of what type of product or service a telemarketer is selling, product knowledge is vital. Employ people who are able to become familiar with a product’s selling features quickly and can accurately convey the specifics to potential customers. Telemarketers should be well-versed on product lines and trained to answer the most common questions. A telemarketer who can’t quickly and accurately answer questions runs the risk of losing a sale if he has to stop, put the customer on hold, or pause to look up basic information.
Working in a sales role, telemarketers must be able to persuade potential customers about the value and necessity of the product or service they are selling. This requires a persuasive attitude and an ability to make a solid value proposition and demonstrate the specific need the product or service will fulfil. Your telemarketing representatives should be able to think on their feet, overcome objections and effectively close the sale.
- How Telemarketing Can Help Today’s Post Pandemic Businesses
- Specialist Telemarketing Support for the Construction Industry
- Ways To Make Telemarketing An Effective Sales Tool In 2021
- Pros Of Telemarketing – Why Telemarketing Still Works Today
- Why Online Marketing Is So Important?
- The Importance Of Telemarketing Within The Construction Services Sector
- 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Fund Expansions Without Getting New Loans
- Post COVID-19 Marketing For Small Businesses
- Ways To Start Word-Of-Mouth Marketing On Social Media To Increase The Effectiveness Of Your Telemarketing Campaign
- 4 Reasons Your Business Needs Telemarketing
- 4 Digital Marketing Trends For 2020
- Growing Your Online Businesses During The COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Update – Statement for Clients, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Transform Your Telemarketing Efforts
- 4 Essential Skills That Online Marketers Should Have
- Industry Leading SEO Trends For 2020
- Online Marketing Trends For 2020
- Supporting the demands of the construction industry
- 5 Ways To Improve Your PPC Strategies
- 5 Benefits Of Telemarketing For SME’s
- Why companies turn to Sales Drive Limited
- Get to Know Sales Drive in 60 Seconds
- Key Lessons for Building an Outstanding Telemarketing Team
- How Lead Generation Support Can Transform Your Construction Business
- A Few Ways To Make Telemarketing Work
- Inject creativity into your online platforms at Christmas
- Replace fake news with fact news
- Manners maketh man
- Putting YOU in front of more buyers
- Secure More Qualified Meetings With Key Decision Makers
- Telemarketing For Accountants
- Set Clear Objectives and Goals
- Effective Telemarketing Skills
- 99 Motivational Quotes
- 10 Reasons Why Sales Drive Can Help You
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Telemarketing
- Top tips to grow your business
- Sales Drive – More than just a telemarketing company
- The importance of telemarketing in lead generation
- 5 reasons to outsource lead generation
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Do you need more customers?
- Telesales and Telemarketing in Oxfordshire