An economic downturn is happening globally and many countries are already entering a recession. A combination of lockdown measures, economic recession and declining purchasing power can be an incredibly challenging situation for business owners. Small businesses are more vulnerable to permanent closure or bankruptcy as a result.
As restrictions are being lifted, here are some things that marketing teams should do during the post COVID-19 era:
Maintain Adequate Marketing Budget- with the significant reduction in sales, it’s important for small businesses to maintain their marketing budget. The gut reaction of business owners is to reduce expenses, but it doesn’t mean that they should cut all budget items. If small businesses don’t cut their marketing budget, they are more likely to get better long-term results.
Measure Consumers’ Behaviour- marketing results will hinge on current consumers’ behaviour. If consumers slam on the brakes and cut much of their expenses, they won’t become repeat buyers. Millions have already lost their jobs, so it’s more likely for them to cancel planned purchases. For families unscathed by unemployment, they can still buy less aggressively. Unfortunately, even in developed countries, well-off individuals represent a small percentage of consumers, but they will continue buying, regardless of the economic situation. It is easier for small businesses to maintain good sales if they offer essential products. If products are considered as less essential, small business owners should convince consumers that purchases are justifiable.
Analysis And Monitoring- market conditions can be volatile during the post COVID-19 era and small business owners need to react quickly. With digital marketing, it is easier to have measurable, specific, and precise campaigns. Small business owners should define best-performing and worst-performing marketing strategies to allow continuous improvements. During a recession, small businesses should make sure that each marketing investment provides decent returns. In the past decade, digital marketing has been proven as an effective, low-cost marketing strategy, which is suitable for many small businesses.
Focus On Loyal Customers- it’s far more likely for existing customers to make purchases and they are the biggest asset for any business. Small businesses can retain loyalty by rewarding loyal customers. Happy customers will respond better to any recommendations. Small business owners could show to customers how they may benefit from products during difficult times.
Contact Sales Drive
To learn more about how we can help you market your products or services, generate leads and increase sales more effectively than ever, contact Sales Drive today!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favorite social media sites.
- 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Fund Expansions Without Getting New Loans
- Post COVID-19 Marketing For Small Businesses
- Ways To Start Word-Of-Mouth Marketing On Social Media To Increase The Effectiveness Of Your Telemarketing Campaign
- 4 Reasons Your Business Needs Telemarketing
- 4 Digital Marketing Trends For 2020
- Specialist Telemarketing Support for the Construction Industry
- Growing Your Online Businesses During The COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Update – Statement for Clients, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Transform Your Telemarketing Efforts
- 4 Essential Skills That Online Marketers Should Have
- Industry Leading SEO Trends For 2020
- Online Marketing Trends For 2020
- Supporting the demands of the construction industry
- 5 Ways To Improve Your PPC Strategies
- 5 Benefits Of Telemarketing For SME’s
- Why companies turn to Sales Drive Limited
- Get to Know Sales Drive in 60 Seconds
- Key Lessons for Building an Outstanding Telemarketing Team
- How Lead Generation Support Can Transform Your Construction Business
- A Few Ways To Make Telemarketing Work
- Inject creativity into your online platforms at Christmas
- Replace fake news with fact news
- Manners maketh man
- Putting YOU in front of more buyers
- Secure More Qualified Meetings With Key Decision Makers
- Telemarketing For Accountants
- Set Clear Objectives and Goals
- Effective Telemarketing Skills
- 99 Motivational Quotes
- 10 Reasons Why Sales Drive Can Help You
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Telemarketing
- Top tips to grow your business
- Sales Drive – More than just a telemarketing company
- The importance of telemarketing in lead generation
- 5 reasons to outsource lead generation
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Do you need more customers?
- Telesales and Telemarketing in Oxfordshire